Believe in yourself! 100 ideas and exercises to do it
Believe in yourself and everything becomes possible.
Until you appreciate yourself, you don’t value your time. Until you value your time, you won’t do anything with it.M. Scott Peck
These simple 4 words bring to life one of the most repeated phrases ever by motivational gurus.
In this article, we’ll find out what’s behind the “ believe in yourself ” statement and how to really believe it.
We begin to understand why it is so important to believe in yourself.
Believe in yourself! Why is it so important?
In recent years these simple words ” believe in yourself ” have almost become a mantra that many have abused, causing a very important concept to lose its strength and meaning.
In fact, the concept of believing in what we do is often laughed at by people who probably do not understand its real meaning.
There are so many reasons to believe in ourselves, but the first that comes to mind is the simplest.
If we do not consider ourselves capable of doing a certain thing , that is, if we do not believe we can reach a certain goal, we will not achieve it .
Believing in yourself is the first step to give yourself at least a chance to succeed in life, work, study and even in sport.
In short: believe in yourself .
The list you will read is intended to push you to go deeper because each idea deserves a separate article to be explored.
In fact, behind some writing exercises there are real techniques for believing in yourself that I have not been able to deepen in this article.
If you want something deeper and more powerful, read the article to the end.
100 practical ideas to believe in yourself
- Accept self-esteem as your responsibility
- Set yourself a small goal every day and achieve it
- Start playing a sport (preferably as a team)
- Raise awareness of yourself with this devastating technique
- Write a gratitude journal
- Know yourself
- Help a person in need
- Do something to stimulate your creativity
- Read a good book (start from this list)
- Write 10 things you appreciate about your life
- Deal with a situation that makes you slightly uncomfortable
- Reevaluate your past
- Write a letter to yourself in the past and one to yourself in the future
- Perfect your posture and posture
- Learn to communicate assertively
- Make a list of all your skills
- Learn to maintain eye contact with people
- Keep focused on the here and now
- Get rid of the energy vampires around you
- Learn to live with your flaws by accepting them
- Look after your physical appearance (even if they tell you not to)
- Write down any concerns you have about your future
- Write a personal journal
- Make a list of the most important experiences you have had
- Invest in your personal and professional growth
- Ask the 3 people you care about most to list 5 of your strengths that they envy you
- Work deeply on your ego
- Get rid of what systematically breaks down your morale
- Remember that no one is perfect
- Write down your definition of success
- Get rid of the super heroes
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Learn to be resilient
- Accept what you cannot control
- Be grateful for what you have
- Develop your self-efficacy
- Find the look that suits you that can enhance you
- Give your actions the right weight
- Don’t just trust your perceptions and rationalize your behavior
- Make a commitment publicly (and then keep it)
- Keep your space clean and tidy
- Write your bio
- Smile a little more
- Make the bed
- Create your long-term life plan
- Motivate yourself by writing what you would do if you were sure of yourself
- Learn to be respected
- Don’t take small daily goals for granted
- Write down 5 events where you felt confident in yourself
- Find out the causes of your low self-esteem
- Learn to have the answer always ready
- Don’t be obsessed with perfection
- Become your own best friend
- Don’t overdo the self-criticism
- Understand how self-fulfilling prophecy works
- Get out of the judgment of others
- Respect your body by nourishing yourself better
- Value your lifestyle
- Stop making castles in the air
- Find out if you are extroverted or introverted
- Keep an old promise
- Re-evaluate the criticisms you receive and discern the constructive ones from the destructive ones
- Visualize your success instead of your failure
- Talk to strangers (every day)
- Learn to be yourself without impersonating a poor character
- Increase your willpower
- Accept failure as part of your journey
- Become the protagonist of your life
- Get effective and learn to manage your time
- Read Honda’s incredible story
- Develop some healthy selfishness
- Act on the context that doesn’t make you believe in yourself
- Engage in what you do (even the little things)
- Hang out with confident people
- Get out of the comfort zone
- Accept your body as it is and accept the challenge of change
- Find your originality
- Find the comic side of your fears
- Give up limiting beliefs related to your self-esteem
- Give up unnecessary comparisons with others
- Change your habits
- Take advantage of self-irony, it is a very powerful weapon
- Talk about your insecurities with a loved one
- Maintain your internal dialogue with positive affirmations
- Start a course of something you are passionate about
- Take care of your stuff
- Speak a little slower
- Tidy up your desk
- Treat yourself as you would treat your best friend
- Stop procrastinating
- Identify your values and respect them consistently with yourself
- Prioritize your needs
- Stop criticizing yourself through others
- Develop an assertive personality
- Know your 3 fundamental rights
- Recall the successes of your past
- Celebrate and celebrate your achievements
- Learn to accept compliments
- Make working on yourself a constant
- Discover the True Self-Esteem course
Believe in yourself without becoming a balloon
At this point if you want to deepen the exercises and start believing in yourself without wearing a mask, take a look at my free mini-course.
Through a sequence of emails containing exercises and food for thought we will build a solid and sincere trust in yourself, step by step, day after day.
Don’t waste any more time and sign up to believe in yourself .